Welcome to Evesham
"As Town Mayor of Evesham, it gives me great pleasure to welcome you to the Evesham Town Council website. The site provides useful information about the town council, our councillors and the facilities we are responsible for.
I hope you find it useful but in case you should not find what you are looking for or require further information please don’t hesitate to contact our Town Clerk, Mr Stuart Carter."
Councillor Charlie Homer
Mayor of Evesham
- The Tour of Britain Cycle Race is coming to Evesham!
- Submit your photos for the Town Hall Community Photo Project
- Fancy becoming a Town Councillor? The Town Council has a Casual Vacancy
- Preperation work starts on Evesham War Memorial
- The Town Council has a job vacancy at the Almonry Heritage and Tourist Inforamtion Centre
- Please click here to download the Town Council's Annual Report for the year 2013/14
- The Town Council now has its own Facebook page. To like the page and therefore get all the latest news, pictures etc click HERE
- Planning and General Purposes (recess Committee) - 18 August 2014 (3.30pm) at Community Contact Centre, Abbey Road
- Grants Committee - 27 August 2014 (4pm) at Community Contact Centre, Abbey Road
- Meeting of the Town Council - 8 September 2014
- Property Committee - 15 September 2014
- Planning & General Purposes - 29 September 2014
Introduction to the Town Council
Evesham Town Council is at the first tier of local government providing services for the people of Evesham. The Town Council is a statutory consultee regarding planning and reports its recommendations to Wychavon District Council who are the planning authority. The Council also provides financial support for various festivals in Evesham as well as other projects such as the Town Plan. The Town Council distributes grants to various local organisations; application forms are available on request.
The Council is made up of 24 elected councillors representing the five wards of Avon, Bengeworth, Great Hampton, Little Hampton, Evesham South & Twyford and a small team of officers led by the Town Clerk.
The Town Council is responsible for three allotment sites, three cemeteries, All Saints Churchyard and the closed Churchyard at St Peters (Bengeworth) and Hampton Churchyard, Christmas lights, the Charter Market, Evesham Town Hall (first floor), Bonfire/Firework event, the floral planters and troughs around Evesham and the Almonry Museum and Tourist Information Centre.
The Town Mayor, a position that has existed in the town since it was awarded its Charter in 1604, chairs council meetings. All Council and committee meetings are held at the Town Hall and are open to the public to attend.